Friday, March 1, 2013

Morganville Vampires, Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

Friday, March 01, 2013

Reading Log;
Friday, March 01, 2013--9:00A.M. to 11:00 A.M.


              Well let me start out be introducing myself. My name is Bridgett, and I'm a Mother, Wife, and Student. I started this blog for one of my college courses, I'm majoring in Elementary Education. You may be thinking why did I pick a young adult series to read, and blog about? Well I have a love for young adult books. Some include Harry Potter, The Twilight Series, and The Hunger Games to name a few. Well I guess I should share what I have been reading.

              There are fourteen books in the Morganville Vampires Series, the first one Glass Houses. I started reading glass houses today, and I'm already hooked. The main character in the book is 16 year old, Claire Danvers. She is a student at Texas Prairie University, in Morganville Texas. Morganville Texas is run by vampires. She is exceptionally intelligent and tends to say stuff without thinking at times. This has gotten her in trouble from the very beginning of the book. She makes enemies with Monica a fellow student who is under vampire protection. She is making life hell for Claire, and her friends. Claire had to leave the dorm for fear of her life. This is how she meets her friends. They are looking for a roommate and Claire was chosen. It seems that Monica is having a vampire in town named Brandon follow and harass Claire and her friends.
  
              Claire's friends are Michael Glass, Shane Collins, and Eve Rosser. Michael Glass is the owner of the glass house where Claire is now living. Claire comes to find out that Michael is a human by night, and a ghost by day. He was attacked by a vampire and was unsuccessfully turned. He can not leave the house even when in ghost form, he does not know why at this point. There is also Shane Collins. He is a bad boy but is very protective of Claire. His sister was killed in a house fire that he believes was caused by Monica. Now he is determined not to let Claire get hurt as well by Monica. He briefly left Morganville after the fire but has returned, I have not yet found out his reason for returning. Then we have Eve Rosser. She is a Morganville native and dresses in goth clothing. She seems to be very hurt by someone or something. She seems to be very close to Shane and Michael though. She refused vampire protection so her parents kicked her out at the age of Eighteen.

             I'm so excited to read this book more and see what happens. By my next post next week I will have book one finished and share what I learned. Then on to book two!

              

No comments:

Post a Comment